Packing your item
The following suggestions are only tips for packaging. It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient packaging is used for each parcel. If a courier cannot accept a parcel, for example because it is not packaged appropriately or because it contains prohibited goods, you may incur additional charges for an attempted collection. Shutl accepts no responsibility for this.
- Choosing the right packaging for your items makes all the difference! There are lots of packaging options out there. For example, boxes made of corrugated cardboard with good quality outer liners, triangular tubes for rolled paper and heavy-duty double-layered board for valuable items.
- Small items can be packaged in jiffy bags (or the equivalent).
- Items should be wrapped so they do not move about inside the package. Use paper, bubble wrap or polystyrene chips to protect the item inside a box.
- If you are re-using a box ensure it is not damaged and all old labels have been removed.
- Do not overload the box as it may split open!
- Ensure the delivery labels attached to the box are securely affixed, clearly printed and flat so they can be read by scanners.
- Use strong tape to seal and secure your box.
- Carefully wrap fragile or delicate items individually and ensure they are cushioned on all sides. Don't consider "Fragile" and "Handle with care" labels as a substitute for careful packaging. They are only appropriate for information purposes.
- Check that the items you are sending are not on the Prohibited Goods list
Sending a parcel using a label you’ve printed
Parcels can be dispatched either through booking a collection service or dropping it off at one of our drop-off locations. The cut-off time for next-day delivery on our 1 day service varies between drop-off locations so please check your nearest UPS drop-off location for this information - the relevant cut-off time for this service will be displayed as "standard".
Please remember to stick your label to your parcel before dispatch and keep the receipt of drop-off or collection for proof of postage.
Sending a parcel using a our print in-store service
Our CollectPlus services have the option to print in-store. Our other carrier services are currently only available to users that are able to print their own labels.
Take your parcel to a CollectPlus drop off location that has print in-store facilities along with the barcode we sent you via email.
The store assistant will print your label using your print in-store barcode and give you a sticky wallet for your label. There is no need for sellotape or other adhesives as these will damage the label. If the store assistant does not offer you a sticky wallet to put your label in please ask them for one.
If you don’t have your parcel with you, the label and sticky wallet can be taken away and attached to your parcel later. You can drop the parcel off at any CollectPlus store within 7 days of printing the label.
Please remember to stick your label to your parcel before dispatch and keep the receipt of drop-off for proof of postage.
Changing a collection
The courier will attempt to collect your parcel three times, normally on consecutive working days. If this is still not convenient please contact our Shutl Customer Service team.
Parcels that are bigger / heavier than the booked service
If a parcel is bigger or heavier than the booked service it will still be delivered, however Shutl will charge an administration fee. This additional charge will appear on your Shutl invoice by the end of the month. Please check our additional charges page for more information.
A carrier will not be able to accept a parcel for delivery if the parcel is is outside maximum dimensions / weight accepted by the carrier.